Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gourmet Protein Shakes (or meal replacement shakes)

I find it hard to believe that some people are still holding their noses as the wolf down their protein shakes. Protein powders have come along way over the last several years and most are very tasty. I have been making gourmet protein shakes for years. I make one every day and look forward to that time of the day when I get to drink mine. (Usually right after I workout). I even use it as motivation to go to the gym. If I go, I get the protein shake. If I don't go, no shake.

In this article, I'm going to reveal one of my secret recipes.

Ingredients
1 Packet of Chocolate Ultramet made by Champion Nutrition
6 oz. of Water

4 oz. of Soy Milk
1 raw egg white

2 Organic Oranges (more juice, better tasting)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of crushed ice or 3 to 4 ice cubes


Directions
In a blender combine water, milk, egg, ice, and oranges. Blend until oranges become juice. (Usually about 5 to 7 seconds). Next add 1 packet of Ultramet and blend for another 3 to 5 seconds. Pour into a shaker cup, set in fridge for 20 minutes. You can either drink it now or pack into a cooler with ice and take it to the gym. Then you'll have a fresh, ice cold post workout shake waiting for you when you finish.

Approximately 50 grams protein, 50 grams of carbs, 480 calories.


*Notes: I use soy milk and the egg white to give me two additional types of protein. The oranges provide natural sugars to help spike insulin and move nutrients into the muscle. Options: Substitute vanilla Ultramet for Chocolate, substitute regular milk for soy, leave out egg.



No comments:

Post a Comment